Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

Crushing boy racer cars

Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Re: Crushing boy racer cars

Post  Psalter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:48 am

Dude no boy racer will ever buy a 1.3 to do burnouts or anything like that. If we restricted the CC they are allowed to 1.8 they will not buy a 1.3 and even if they did and drive like idiots they are all front wheel drive so no one can do burnouts. Anyone you see that drives a 1.3 like a performance car is an idiot and deserves to die.

Fuck you make me sick and angry.
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:56 am

why?
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:59 am

Because you can't se how much this policy is aimed at idiots already... who fucken cares if people who drive 1300cc FWD NA vehicles like they are performance cars are dicks... the fucken whole heap of people that drive like NZ roads are a place for performance cars are dicks... they cost lives. That is the point of the law... we can't trust the fuckwits to self-regulate behaviour.

Tell me, how many speeding tickets do you have?

You will lie... doesn't matter, my point is made. I have 0
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:08 am

Haha why will i lie?

Since i got my learners i have had

$200- Displaying a colour other than red, white or amber at the rear of the car.
    $150- No current registration
    (Got both those new years eve 2006)

February 2008-

$400- Passengers on restricted
    $500- On a restricted road after 12am with a vehicle under 1.5 tonnes (this law was made specifically to combat the issue of boy racers driving through that neighbourhood and other roads like it around NZ)

and yes i was at the drags when i got fined on that road.

June 2008-

$250- Speeding (80ks in a 50k zone)

Oh and i might add

July 2008-

Wrote off a car into a ditch.

Those are all my fines to date. I dont plan to get any more for the rest of my life and i often get laughed at for how careful i am with speed and driving nowadays. But on the positive side many parents ask me to train their kids for driving. I have learnt my lessons about safe driving AND legally modifying a car. Goes to show people can learn and can change.

Bearing in mind when i first started driving i passed my learners with 100%, passed my restricted with 98% (the instructor said it was one of the best scores they have had for the north shore region Very Happy and passed my full with 98%). So i wasnt a crap driver or anything, but i have to admit having the car i had at the time caused all my fines in 2008. If i had a crap corolla none of it would have happened.

the distant one
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  the distant one on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 am

jsut a couple of things

1) skyline your day didnt create your fines at all.... all cars can drive the speed limit, handle nicely and dont do burnout, they dont make you go to the drags etc.

2) what is the point of modifying a car for speed and performance if your dont use it? I can see the use of a bodykit for asthetic look but thats about it
    woody67
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  woody67 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:35 pm

I quite like the idea of less grunty cars under a certain age, they have restrictions on the cc's on motorbikes , why not cars as well? 1000 cc for under 20 seems logical to me.

Hondanutter
    Mortal
    Mortal

Crushing boy racer cars

Post  Hondanutter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:40 pm

I fail to see the attraction of "burnouts" deliberately tearing tyres to shreds, creating pollution, a health hazard and a road hazard.
    The price of tyres today ............. the mind boggles, these idiots are getting paid too much.
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 am

Hondanutter wrote:I fail to see the attraction of "burnouts" deliberately tearing tyres to shreds, creating pollution, a health hazard and a road hazard.
    The price of tyres today ............. the mind boggles, these idiots are getting paid too much.

SSshhh...Someone might think you want them to increase the cost of car parts and/or cars, by way of taxes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content