Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate

Crushing boy racer cars

Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Crushing boy racer cars

Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 am

Possibly the most retarded move the government will make to date.

The immense wastage of such actions is just ridiculous. If the crush a decent car some parts such as bodykits are worth over 2 grand for just the kit alone not to mention painting (at least grand minimum), what about aftermarket parts? They are so expensive and some are so sought after, same with some cars. S13 silvias are so rare nowadays they go up in price every year. Once its crushed we cant get it back, your pride and joy getting crushed.

Im sure if it was womans shoes or something you guys treasure that gets crushed you would have opinions. Why cant we be reasonable with actions we take. Crushing is taking it to an extreme. There are going to be so many car chases now, i know i would run for it if i knew my car was getting crushed if i get pulled over thats for sure.

There has to be another way.
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Re: Crushing boy racer cars

Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 am

SkYLiNeNZ wrote:Possibly the most retarded move the government will make to date.

The immense wastage of such actions is just ridiculous. If the crush a decent car some parts such as bodykits are worth over 2 grand for just the kit alone not to mention painting (at least grand minimum), what about aftermarket parts? They are so expensive and some are so sought after, same with some cars. S13 silvias are so rare nowadays they go up in price every year. Once its crushed we cant get it back, your pride and joy getting crushed.

Im sure if it was womans shoes or something you guys treasure that gets crushed you would have opinions. Why cant we be reasonable with actions we take. Crushing is taking it to an extreme. There are going to be so many car chases now, i know i would run for it if i knew my car was getting crushed if i get pulled over thats for sure.

There has to be another way.

Yes, there is another way, respect the law, don't get your car crushed.

And those bodykits are only worth that much because people pay that much... fibreglass, paint, mould... pump them out at around 10 a minute with a unit cost of around $5.

Smart.

Every other aftermarket part, crap that doesn't need to be put on a car that is in use on a public road where the speed limit is 100 kph.

/thread
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am

but Psalter, the price is that much because thats the cheapest even if you have hookups in the industry. Maybe few hundred dollars less.

The modifications are dont because its a hobby and there are idiots that spoil it. Im all for very strict punishments for boy racer fags but i just dont see the logic in crushing the cars. You may catch a few and crush them but for every car your crush there are going to be so many that will get away after a police chase.

They crush cars in america and it has not stopped the boy racer scene there, it doesnt work, and if it does its not to the extent they hope for.
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:10 am

SkYLiNeNZ wrote:but Psalter, the price is that much because thats the cheapest even if you have hookups in the industry. Maybe few hundred dollars less.

The modifications are dont because its a hobby and there are idiots that spoil it. Im all for very strict punishments for boy racer fags but i just dont see the logic in crushing the cars. You may catch a few and crush them but for every car your crush there are going to be so many that will get away after a police chase.

They crush cars in america and it has not stopped the boy racer scene there, it doesnt work, and if it does its not to the extent they hope for.

Police chase, get away?

Look, you go and try to get away from the police... 4 out of 5 times you will do it... on the fifth, you will crash, hopefully, you will die... maybe you are spiked and caught... maybe they radio your plates ahead and they catch you at your front door, or that of known associates in the area.

Limited resources for kids (and that's what they are) mean that it will solve the issue... eventually.

It works in Switzerland.
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 am

Change the lisencing system.

16 - Get your L's.

Wait one year, then can apply for 1st level restricted.

Wait two years, then can apply for 2nd level restricted.

Wait two more years, then can apply for full liscence.

2nd level restricted liscence only restrict alcahol consumption and vehicle power.

You'll be at least 21 before you can get your full liscence and drive a high powered vehicle and hopefully past that 'phase' in your life.
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:17 am

Psalter wrote:

Police chase, get away?

Look, you go and try to get away from the police... 4 out of 5 times you will do it... on the fifth, you will crash, hopefully, you will die... maybe you are spiked and caught... maybe they radio your plates ahead and they catch you at your front door, or that of known associates in the area.

Limited resources for kids (and that's what they are) mean that it will solve the issue... eventually.

It works in Switzerland.

There are heaps of cars around with plate flippers, if the dont have the plate, no matter what car they chase they cant prove it was that car. Its going to be hell for the cops.

Limited resources not just for kids, its going to be hard for others too. Many parts are getting harder to come by. Why not strip the cars to bits and sell it all off? That would work even better. Rip it apart bit by bit and sell parts all around the country, that way the revenue can pay off the boy retards fines and the rest can be police revenue or go towards making better roads or whatever. It is a good income for sure as people are always wanting parts in the modifying scene. Crusing a manual silvia, skyline, laurel, ae86 just take up the price of the rest of the cars in the market and the part prices too. Its hell trying to find a gearbox for a skyline nowadays as there are just so few around. Crushing cars makes problems like that just worse, when they can just sell it all off and even make a profit no matter what they sell it for as the boy retard doesnt get a cent in the end.
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 am

Waireka wrote:Change the lisencing system.

16 - Get your L's.

2nd level restricted liscence only restrict alcahol consumption and vehicle power.

You'll be at least 21 before you can get your full liscence and drive a high powered vehicle and hopefully past that 'phase' in your life.

That is a good idea for sure but its quite hard on uni students and the like because you need to get places and being able to take passengers can be a lifesaver for carpooling and the like
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 am

SkYLiNeNZ wrote:
    Waireka wrote:Change the lisencing system.

16 - Get your L's.

That is a good idea for sure but its quite hard on uni students and the like because you need to get places and being able to take passengers can be a lifesaver for carpooling and the like

Oh and restricted liscences can carry passengers.
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:24 am

Waireka wrote:

Ah right that a good idea i guess but what about times we can drive, no driving between 10pm-4am, any rules like that?

I reckon the rules for owning high powered cars has to be changed. Say no bigger than 1.8L until you are 20?

In UK they make insurance compulsory and the cost for insurance is so high for even the slightly powerful cars, it keeps the retards in check
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 am

SkYLiNeNZ wrote:
    Waireka wrote:

Ah right that a good idea i guess but what about times we can drive, no driving between 10pm-4am, any rules like that?

I reckon the rules for owning high powered cars has to be changed. Say no bigger than 1.8L until you are 20?

In UK they make insurance compulsory and the cost for insurance is so high for even the slightly powerful cars, it keeps the retards in check

No, they need to be liscence specific and not age specific.

* The minimum learner age has been lowered to 16 and the learner licence period has been extended to 12 months.
    * Learners under 25 years must now gain 100 hours of certified, supervised driving experience before being eligible to apply for a provisional licence.
    * Mobile phone use, including hands-free, blue-tooth accessories and loud-speaker functions, has been restricted for learner and P1 provisional licence holders under 25 years.
    * Mobile loud-speaker functions have been restricted for supervisors and passengers of learner and P1 provisional licence holders under 25 years, while a learner licence holder is driving.
    * Motorbike learners will be required to hold a car provisional licence for 12 months before obtaining a motorbike learner licence
    * A two-phased P1 and P2 provisional licence system has been introduced.
    * L-plates (a black L on a yellow background) and P-plates (a red plate for P1 and green plate for P2) are now compulsory.
    * Peer passenger restrictions have been introduced—P1 provisional licence holders under 25 years can only carry one passenger aged under 21 years between 11pm and 5am.
    * High-powered vehicles are restricted for provisional drivers under 25.
    * Drivers must pass a hazard perception test to progress from a P1 to a P2 or open licence (dependant on age).
    * Restrictions, such as 'no late night driving', have been introduced for disqualified and suspended young drivers.

QLD in Aussie has a good system, click here... http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Licensing/Learn_to_drive/Young_drivers/
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 am

With no turbos, superchargers, Vtec, or aftermarket modifications.

Hondanutter
    Mortal
    Mortal

crush boyracer cars

Post  Hondanutter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm

I think 1800 cc is still too powerful, I drive a 1300 auto, it has ample power to get young , inexperienced drivers in trouble, before this car, I had an 1100 cc car, that had more go than this one, 3 door hatch newer one a 5 door wagon.
    I realy annoyed a boy racer once, he , in his Nissan EXA, booted away from a set of lights, I stayed beside him to the next set of lights, when the lights changed, I left him for dead, the next set, I let him go, he shot through the next red light, was stopped by the next, I cruised past within the limits.
    That guy took my daughter out for a few months, he couldnt get over the power of the 1100 cc Honda Civic.
    metcalfj
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  metcalfj on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 pm

You have to remember that the law is designed to get fuckwits off our roads. Simple solution, pimp your ride, make it look and sound cool but drive it like a sane human being and your pride and joy will not be crushed. Drive like a fuckwit, throw diesel on the road and do burnouts and your heap of shit with a two grand body kit that I don't give a flying fuck about will be sent to the crusher where it belongs.
    canterella
    Giant
    Giant

Post  canterella on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:29 pm

I used to think that to crush boy racer's vehicles was a good idea, but I've changed my mind. As metcalfj said, as long as they stick to the law they can drive whatever they like. However, any serious driving offence, you get your licence temporarily taken away, your vehicle gets confiscated and sold at auction or given to a needy family. If you're caught driving without licence - your licence is permanently revoked. Jail terms for repeat offenders.
    canterella
    Giant
    Giant

Post  canterella on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 pm

and compulsory, more expensive insurance/rego for sup'd up vehicles
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 pm

canterella wrote:and compulsory, more expensive insurance/rego for sup'd up vehicles

Isn't insurance already expensive for anyone of [sterotypical boyracer] age and car type?

Ok, so the following I know nothing of but:

I think they need to redesign the road user charges and implement a scaled method:

In order of cheapest to most expensive [by likeliness to cause damage to persons or property]

Diesel Cars [bought post 2000]
    "Boy Racer" Cars
    Trucks

The trucks charge doesn't actually get more expensive, it's just the others get cheaper.
    debs
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  debs on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I have no issue with drivers on restricted vehicles having to drive vehicles of a smaller engine size, we already do that for motorbike license holders.

Personally I have no issue with the car crushing either, its simple really if you don't want you car crushed don't be a moron, lol.

I can't imagine too many people will have a car crushed twice, once would probably be enough to reform any real car enthusiast.
    master5o1
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  master5o1 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 pm

debs wrote:I have no issue with drivers on restricted vehicles having to drive vehicles of a smaller engine size, we already do that for motorbike license holders.

Personally I have no issue with the car crushing either, its simple really if you don't want you car crushed don't be a moron, lol.

I can't imagine too many people will have a car crushed twice, once would probably be enough to reform any real car enthusiast.

you overestimate peoples intelligence and memory.
    debs
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  debs on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:10 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    debs wrote:I have no issue with drivers on restricted vehicles having to drive vehicles of a smaller engine size, we already do that for motorbike license holders.

you overestimate peoples intelligence and memory.

this is true
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Waireka on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

master5o1 wrote:
    canterella wrote:and compulsory, more expensive insurance/rego for sup'd up vehicles

Isn't insurance already expensive for anyone of [sterotypical boyracer] age and car type?

Ok, so the following I know nothing of but:

I think they need to redesign the road user charges and implement a scaled method:

In order of cheapest to most expensive [by likeliness to cause damage to persons or property]

Diesel Cars [bought post 2000]
    "Boy Racer" Cars
    Trucks

The trucks charge doesn't actually get more expensive, it's just the others get cheaper.

No, because then it punishes the 45 year old men with SPS who drive their cars "normally".

Yep, insurance is HUGE for young people and multiply that by three for any high powered vehicle, especially Subaru's.
    Linno
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Linno on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

I agree with the stance that if you're not being a dick (repeatedly or majorly) then you have nothing to worry about. I doubt they would go crushing cars willy nilly (although that would be amusing).
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 am

Hondanutter wrote:I think 1800 cc is still too powerful, I drive a 1300 auto, it has ample power to get young , inexperienced drivers in trouble, before this car, I had an 1100 cc car, that had more go than this one, 3 door hatch newer one a 5 door wagon.
    I realy annoyed a boy racer once, he , in his Nissan EXA, booted away from a set of lights, I stayed beside him to the next set of lights, when the lights changed, I left him for dead, the next set, I let him go, he shot through the next red light, was stopped by the next, I cruised past within the limits.
    That guy took my daughter out for a few months, he couldnt get over the power of the 1100 cc Honda Civic.

1800cc is not too powerful, and 1.3 is useless. There is not enough power to get young people into trouble with a 1.3. The ONLY way they can is if they drive recklessly, you simply cannot skid out on a corner in a front wheel drive auto 1.3 unless you drive like an idiot or the road has oil or other external factors. There just simply isnt enough power to get the wheels spinning in a dangerous way unless you really thrash the car.

I will say for a fact you just think your 1.1L car is quicker than the 1.3L, its quite common for a person (i do it all the time) to think their car is quite quick... until you get into a car that is actually quick.

Nissan EXAs are hardly boy racer cars, they may looks different to other cars but they are not even a handful that get modified, they just arent the kind of car you would race in unless you are an idiot that takes your grandmas honda accord to the drags. The reason you kept up in your honda 1.1L is because the exa is so old its dying anyway. Your daughter dated an idiot.

the distant one
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  the distant one on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:29 am

firstly: I agree with crushing of the cars, you drive like a dick say goodbye to the car. There needs to be another punishment to jsut fines and loss of liscense cause it doesnt seem to be working. If someone has 4000 worth of fines whats another 100 bucks?. No point selling the car cause all that will happen is friends will by it and drive it the same way.

thoguht an interesting point was bought up and that was what happens if the car (which most of them do) has money owing on it? the finance comapny loses its security.

and skyline... I could get my mazda 121 (1100cc if that) into some pretty good burnouts, if I had of lost control of it I could have easily killed myslf or someone else... I was a dick I know it.

there are to many moronix drivers out there in both sup'd up and standard cars. I have been given a 2008 ford falcon to drive for work you would be surprised how many idiots try and drag me and the lights or race me on the motorway....

our liscensing system needs to change big time.
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

Post  Psalter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:35 am

1800cc is not too powerful, and 1.3 is useless. There is not enough power to get young people into trouble with a 1.3. The ONLY way they can is if they drive recklessly, you simply cannot skid out on a corner in a front wheel drive auto 1.3 unless you drive like an idiot or the road has oil or other external factors. There just simply isnt enough power to get the wheels spinning in a dangerous way unless you really thrash the car.

[font color=magenta]Yeah, because boyracers are known for responsible driving and not taking undue risks[/font]

oh... wait.

That is the stupidest thing I have read in the last 5 minutes... and I have been viewing mmomm's post on SC.
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

Post  Goat on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:45 am

Psalter wrote:

[font color=magenta]Yeah, because boyracers are known for responsible driving and not taking undue risks[/font]

oh... wait.

That is the stupidest thing I have read in the last 5 minutes... and I have been viewing mmomm's post on SC.

Dude no boy racer will ever buy a 1.3 to do burnouts or anything like that. If we restricted the CC they are allowed to 1.8 they will not buy a 1.3 and even if they did and drive like idiots they are all front wheel drive so no one can do burnouts. Anyone you see that drives a 1.3 like a performance car is an idiot and deserves to die. They just simply arent made for that

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content