Tartarus

The Underworld Of Lightly (& Logically) Moderated Discussion & Debate


    People who moan about WINZ

    Share
    avatar
    happycamper
    Mortal
    Mortal

    People who moan about WINZ

    Post  happycamper on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:46 pm

    Piss me off. They have no problems taking the money. If they do not like getting our tax payer money for free then may I suggest they get off their arses and get a job.
    avatar
    relict
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  relict on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:22 pm

    happycamper wrote:Piss me off. They have no problems taking the money. If they do not like getting our tax payer money for free then may I suggest they get off their arses and get a job.

    I used WINZ once when changing cities, to carry me over for a week or two while I looked for work (only needed for a week in the end). I was most unimpressed at the two-faced case worker who treated me very rudely until she found out my qualifications and keenness to work, and then she flipped into an opposite manner and chatted away like a friend. I thought it poor that a professional would jump to the conclusion, without further evidence than me walking through the door, that I was lazy and wanted a handout.

    Do I therefore piss you off?
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Tikva on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:01 pm

    Soooo, happycamper, if you ever were in an accident or something along those lines, and needed the Invalids Benefit, or lost your job during this recession, you would just get off your butt and go out and get a job? Or would you go to WINZ for their help????
    avatar
    debs
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  debs on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 pm

    I took it to mean, maybe mistakenly, that he isn't moaning about those on benefits.

    But those on benefits who moan....

    Personally I think there is a need in our society (in any society) to support those in genuine need temporarily. But I do think some winz case workers can become jaded. And to be honest some of the receivers of these benefits do really know how to work the system and milk it and they must be draining for them. Yes they should great every person with a smile and no prejudices. But I imagine after a while it must become challenging.

    I do know one person whose family receives more financially than others, between all the benefits etc they receive they are bring in well over $1000 a week. And in the past month have received 2 huge food parcels. But still managed to purchase there 4 kids all new bikes. Its incredibly frustrating to see and those sort ruin it for everyone.

    For the record I do know someone dobbed this family in, but because the food parcel was through a counselling service and not Winz there was no interest in Winz following it up.


    Last edited by debs26 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a grammer moron??)
    avatar
    Tikva
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Tikva on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:05 pm

    Oh yes, I did realise happycamper was referring to people who complain about them, but if you're in the situation where you need them, it wouldn't take you long to become unhappy with them and complain/moan. Living life on a benefit really sucks, and because of those that do take advantage of the system, it is becoming harder and harder to get help when you genuinely need it.
    avatar
    Waireka
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Waireka on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 am

    WINZ has plenty of failings.

    If no one complained, they'd never be able to provide up to par service.

    Some people NEED benefits. I'm proud to be from a country where no one is homeless against their choice.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Guest on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

    All organisations have their fallings - non-government and state deparments alike.

    I think Work and Income mostly provide a great service, it's just unfortunate that the attitude (which maybe all of the time or just for the 2 seconds you spoke to that person) of one employee can give the entire organisation a bad name. If the people I worked with based my entire performance on the one afternoon I was PMSing I would feel a little hard done by....

    At the end of the day Work and Income should make it hard for anyone to recieve a benefit... I dont believe in a one size fits all model in any social service but I should have to prove that I am entitled to a benefit and dont believe providing evidence is "jumping through hoops" like some people do.

    It's a balance - alot of people wait until they are desperate before they go to Work and Income and dont allow time for paperwork to be processed. So they feel they recieved poor service from someone who didn't understand their urgency.

    I can't say I've ever heard anyone moan about their benefit - just the service they have recieved from staff.
    avatar
    happycamper
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  happycamper on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 am

    Not moaning about people on benefits. This is really about one person who I crossed paths with this morning. The attitude of this person is why work for it when I can get money for free. She sponges of others and when WINZ challenge her over payments and what is she doing to find work she labels them as a bunch of fucken wankers.

    If I ended up on a benefit I would actively look for work and do community work if needed something to keep me busy. I am nt the type of person that sits around.
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  superarmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 am

    happycamper wrote:Not moaning about people on benefits. This is really about one person who I crossed paths with this morning. The attitude of this person is why work for it when I can get money for free. She sponges of others and when WINZ challenge her over payments and what is she doing to find work she labels them as a bunch of fucken wankers.

    If I ended up on a benefit I would actively look for work and do community work if needed something to keep me busy. I am nt the type of person that sits around.

    First thing I would do is shoot her in the face, I fail to see the difference between her and Kurariki in social contribution comparisons.
    avatar
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 am

    superarmy wrote:
    happycamper wrote:Not moaning about people on benefits. This is really about one person who I crossed paths with this morning. The attitude of this person is why work for it when I can get money for free. She sponges of others and when WINZ challenge her over payments and what is she doing to find work she labels them as a bunch of fucken wankers.

    If I ended up on a benefit I would actively look for work and do community work if needed something to keep me busy. I am nt the type of person that sits around.

    First thing I would do is shoot her in the face, I fail to see the difference between her and Kurariki in social contribution comparisons.

    Except ol Junior has killed a productive member of society
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  superarmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 am

    Psalter wrote:
    superarmy wrote:
    happycamper wrote:Not moaning about people on benefits. This is really about one person who I crossed paths with this morning. The attitude of this person is why work for it when I can get money for free. She sponges of others and when WINZ challenge her over payments and what is she doing to find work she labels them as a bunch of fucken wankers.

    If I ended up on a benefit I would actively look for work and do community work if needed something to keep me busy. I am nt the type of person that sits around.

    First thing I would do is shoot her in the face, I fail to see the difference between her and Kurariki in social contribution comparisons.

    Except ol Junior has killed a productive member of society

    Hyperbole, blow me.
    avatar
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am

    Hyperbole, blow me.

    As much as I know you would like that, no thanks.

    Also, how in the fuck is that hyperbole?
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  superarmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 am

    Psalter wrote:
    Hyperbole, blow me.

    As much as I know you would like that, no thanks.

    Also, how in the fuck is that hyperbole?

    Because it's a dramatic exaggeration to get a point across?
    avatar
    Goat
    Mortal
    Mortal

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Goat on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am

    Whinez
    avatar
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 am

    Dramatic? I think not. It is a bare faced presentation of facts. To make it dramatic, and thus hyperbolic (awesome word), I might have said "he killed a poor, innocent, hard-working, Chinese immigrant who just wanted to make a life for himself in a country that grants criminals the rights that ordinary citizens are denied in his native country."

    That, right there, is hyperbole.
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  superarmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:29 am

    Psalter wrote:Dramatic? I think not. It is a bare faced presentation of facts. To make it dramatic, and thus hyperbolic (awesome word), I might have said "he killed a poor, innocent, hard-working, Chinese immigrant who just wanted to make a life for himself in a country that grants criminals the rights that ordinary citizens are denied in his native country."

    That, right there, is hyperbole.

    I see your point-ish.

    But it was rather clear that in terms of societal costs Kurariki is far more expensive, making him the extreme example of "waste of space and money". Thus comparing said subject to this extreme example would be appropriate.
    avatar
    Psalter
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Psalter on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 am

    superarmy wrote:
    Psalter wrote:Dramatic? I think not. It is a bare faced presentation of facts. To make it dramatic, and thus hyperbolic (awesome word), I might have said "he killed a poor, innocent, hard-working, Chinese immigrant who just wanted to make a life for himself in a country that grants criminals the rights that ordinary citizens are denied in his native country."

    That, right there, is hyperbole.

    I see your point-ish.

    But it was rather clear that in terms of societal costs Kurariki is far more expensive, making him the extreme example of "waste of space and money". Thus comparing said subject to this extreme example would be appropriate.

    So, I'm right.

    amirite?
    avatar
    superarmy
    Nymph
    Nymph

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  superarmy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 am

    I see the logic, though I still think my statement is a valid hyperbole.

    Sponsored content

    Re: People who moan about WINZ

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:05 am